So that time of the year where I have to leave is again drawing nearer and nearer. This time last year I was hanging to leave, excited and looking forward to a new place and being with my boo. Now I’m dreading leaving. The hardest part is the uncertainty. What if we don’t get the visa? How long is it going to take? Will he get transferred to the country?
These questions are just impossible to answer. They all just require time and patience to reveal their mysteries. In the mean time, I have to content myself with the thought that this time next year I’ll hopefully be back, without an expiry date on my visa. This time next year, I hope I’ll have gained enough experience to not work in retail when I’m here. Maybe my sister will be here, maybe I’ll have been to South America, maybe maybe maybe.
The South America thing isn’t sarcastic by the way. My parents are planning to go on a cruise for 2 weeks with several stops in South America and invited my siblings and I for a holiday during Chinese New Year. Which means missing another year of my mother’s cooking (she only cooks once a year pretty much).
I just want things to work out. Why is it so hard?
"It is funny how you do not miss affection until it is given, but once it is, it can never be enough; you would drown in it if possible."
Snoozed my alarm twice and am now on Tumblr when I only have 15 minutes to get ready for work. Yay me.
First day off in a while. I spent it sleeping most of the morning, getting woken up by my boyfriend. We had lunch and then he dropped me home, despite my whining that he should call in sick. Then I:
- went to the vet with my housemates and our dog got his shots and medication
- visited the adoption centre where I was sorely tempted to adopt an overweight pure white cat named Wasabi and another grey one called Leonard
- dropped my car off at the mechanic’s because my engine is definitely not firing on all four cylinders
- picked up some parcels from the post office
- installed some blinds for my room
- ate a bunch of stuff that should not be called dinner which included Rekorderlig, haw candy, pate, crackers and crisps.
All in all, quite a productive day. I’m just praying that the service for my car isn’t going to be over the top because there is a top I really want on NastyGal, not to mention how much I need to buy God of War and Ni No Kuni. I am so sleepy now. Oh well. Back to work tomorrow :(